Security can arrange access to restricted parts of buildings on any of UQ's campuses and sites.


Keys, including ordering and issuing new keys, are handled through your Department Key Custodian, who then works with the Security Technical Office. Complete the PF495 Low Risk Key Order form (RTF, 331KB) and forward it to your Department Key Custodian for processing.

If you don't know who your Department Key Custodian is, contact PF Assist.

Lost and old keys

Report lost, found and old or obsolete keys to your Department Key Custodian or contact PF Assist. Provide them with details of lost and found keys, including when and where the key was last seen.


You can order new locks or have old locks removed by asking your Department Key Custodian, who will log a work order through ARCHIBUS (staff login required).

You may need a lock repaired because the:

  • key is stuck
  • barrel is loose
  • latch is not catching
  • lock is sticky or difficult to operate
  • other mechanical lock issues

You can log a job with your nominated ARCHIBUS user or contact PF Assist.